The layers panel shows the list of layers present on the current page of the current SVG Document.
By clicking on the "eye" icon you can choose to hide a layer or not.
By clicking on the "padlock" icon you can choose to lock a layer or not.
When a graphic SVG element in the page is selected, the layer it belongs to is automatically selected .
The bar at the top of the panel shows the buttons for:
- Adding a new layer.
- Moving the selected layer up the list.
- Moving the selected layer down the list.
- Moving the selected graphic elements within the layer currently selected.
- Duplicating the selected layer.
- Deleting the selected layer.